Sunday, 12 April 2015

Islamic Through Your Lens

So I decided to take part in the ITYL photo competition, last minute. Sometime in March was it. The event required you to hand in a photo and an ayat or hadith as its description.

I have this one photo that I took a while ago this year when Benn and I were literally having the UBD mosque to ourselves. I remembered taking a few photos with the same background and object. I am amazed by the beautiful design that decorated the front bit of the mosque as well as the grandfather clock. it reminds me of something. TIME. 

I then came across the verse from Surah Nuh Ayat 4. And wanted to put it as the caption or description. As shown below :




However the final submission was



[The time of] their account has approached for the people, while they are in
heedlessness turning away.
Surat Al-Anbiyaa : 1

I did not manage to win anything but the experience is worth pondering. We are indeed in a race against where we will soon have to leave this temporary dunya and will be resurrected in the Day of Judgement. However upon know that those days will come, we divert away from the path. away from the remembrance of Akhirah and more indulged in Dunya matters. That's us. Knowing the limited time we have, we still go for the distraction (portrayed in the pic by the design) and shifts our focus to it instead of the time we have left. 

Tick Tock Tick Tock. 

May Allah preserve us from doing more badness than goodness. May we all reunite in His Jannah. Aamiiin.


ps BW images gives more power to the message. Eheks,

No comments:

Post a Comment